Wednesday, April 12, 2023

Mittwoch Mix - hwæt quarterly archive q1.2023

a companion mix to the hwæt quarterly report, this mix features the older tracks that I either discovered or became fixated on during the quarter.

Most of the tracks are from older albums I picked up in the last few months, but I included the Elysian Fields' song after seeing them live at an incredibly intimate and breath-taking show at the start of March. 

I grabbed The Sister of Mercy's Vision Thing after I realized it was a gap in my collection because I was grooving to both the Unwoman cover of Temple of Love included on this mix but also her excellent covers of Some Kind of Stranger and More.

With my weakness for Neil Young covers, I couldn't not include Nomadic War Machine's version of "Hey Hey, My My"

The other topical song included is "Für wen sind die Blumen?" brought to you by Einstürzende Neubauten returning to the studio.

# Artist Track From
1 Unwoman Temple of Love Lemniscate: Uncovered Volume 2
2 Sisters of Mercy Vision Thing Vision Thing (Remastered)
3 The Legendary Pink Dots Another Kind of Violence Only Dreaming
4 dj haram Candle Light (700 Bliss Remix) Grace
5 Nomadic War Machine Hey Hey My My Creatures of the Wind
6 Einstürzende Neubauten Für wen sind die Blumen? Strategies Against Architecture III
7 FaUSt, feat.  灰野敬二 Keiji Haino 你想要更多吗? Do You Want More? 这条路是正确的 This Is the Right Path
8 The Hologram People Theme from Village of the Snake God Village of the Snake God
9 Elysian Fields Crows Over Cornfields Once Beautiful Twice Removed
10 Sonja When The Candle Burns Low… LOUD ARRIVER
11 Byssus Wolves and Caribou In Foras
12 Maria W Horn & Sara Parkman Kyrie Funeral Folk
13 Arklay Mountains Any man who counts on the aid of a God deserves the help he doesn't get ...Are Afraid of these Geese


No comments:

Post a Comment